Saxophone Forum

by JBTSAX
(364 posts)
16 years ago

Smashed Mark VI

I recently purchased this Mark VI as a restoration project. It was found by a music teacher in a dumpster in New York. It didn't come with a neck, but I was fortunate to find an original Mark VI neck to go with it. The project will take several months since I can only work on it one or two days a week. On Sax on the Web members posted suggestions on what kind of finish to do on the saxophone once the mechanical restoration is finished. If anyone here has any ideas, I would like to hear them. Below is a link to some "Before" pictures. I will post some more pictures when the project is done. www.jbtsaxmusic.net/MarkVI.html By the way, apologies to Mark Overton and others on this forum for getting carried away with . . . . . I will do my best to stay on topic and leave the personal attacks out of this forum, John

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxesofevil
    (24 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Smashed Mark VI

wow that looks like my tenor before i polished it with Armor-All for Rubber, plastic and vinyl(dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Reply To Post