Saxophone Forum

by JBTSAX
(364 posts)
16 years ago

Kudos to Curt Alterac at Music Medic

One of the first people I met at my first NAPBIRT conference was this kind of short bald guy standing in front of a display that had the most beautiful Buescher alto I had ever seen. He called me over and asked me to check it out. It had beautiful white pads and the most detailed and exquisite restoration work I had ever seen. His enthusiasm for saxophones just seems to bubble out of him and it becomes contagious when you are around him for any length of time. It turned out to be Curt Alterac of Music Medic.com. I have since attended every one of his repair clinics and studied everything he has written about sax repair. He is incredibly enthusiastic about making saxophones better and better with innovative changes. Every tool I have bought on his recommendation has become one of the ones I could not do without. I have used his white roo pads on several customer overhauls and just finished installing them on my own SBA alto. They are incredible---especially on a sax for classical playing. The thing I admire the most about Curt is his willingness to share what he knows about sax repair with anyone free of charge. He posts directions on how to do basic repairs on his website and is always available to answer questions about saxophones on discussion forums. I have found him to be very professional and honest in all of my dealings with him over the years and I am looking forward to supporting and recommending his business for many years to come.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Gary51
    (17 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Kudos to Curt Alterac at Music Medic

Reviving an old thread but I just purchased some pads and things from musicmedic-Great site! Lots of good info also!

Reply To Post

2. by chalazon
    (547 posts)

16 years ago

Beautiful!

Reply To Post

1. by STEVE GOODSON
      (291 posts)

16 years ago

Curt is one of the real treasures of the repair busness. He's also a monster baritone player. I am very proud to say that he is a former student of mine and long time friend and business associate

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

16 years ago

I have ordered pads and misc. parts from Music Medic, though I haven't met Curt yet. I've heard many great things about him If you're looking for pads, Gloger necks, or any other parts, Music Medic is a great company.

Reply To Post Yahoo!