Saxophone Forum

by Gary51
(17 posts)
14 years ago

Hello

I am just starting to play sax after a 30 year break. Marriage, kids,etc. I play alto sax.Its definately not like riding a bike,as I forgot a lot over the years.I also forgot how fun it is!!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by MOKE
    (3 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Hello

I just joined the forum myself this morning and am also back at playing sax since 1983 I grew up playin alto but played tenor and clari in a 4 piece wedding band to support a wife and three kids for many years I don't consider myself a professional I can sight read like crazy but have no formal ed. in music. I regret that at 65 and retired I still teach 30 hrs a week at a local community college ,have properties, play at rest homes and it goes on so practice does not occur much. My chops are not there yet and my technique is in the proverbial toilet but I love playing and people love the sax. I hope you enjoy your comeback.

Reply To Post

1. by garycsilber
      (2 posts)

11 years ago

Hi. I just wanted to say hello. I'm about to turn 60 this month. Four adult daughters and seven grandchildren!  I played tenor in high school and I've also tried to play the cello for almost 40 years. I am very knowledgeable ab out music but not enormously talented at playing any instrument. Now, I'm turning my efforts to trying to learn the soprano and relearn the alto and tenor. I'll never be much of a musiciann, but I love music and musical instruments.

During the day, my wife and I are both Master level portrait photographers. That is where I do have some talent!  Music -- just a lot of passion.

I hope you'll share some of your musical goings on ocassionally. Like going to the gym, it's always more fun with a friend. 

Cordially,

Gary  from Mississippi (originally a Chicagoan)

Reply To Post

2. by larryp7639
    (1 post)

14 years ago

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!! __________________ moviesonlinefree.biz

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

14 years ago

Newcomers are generally warmly welcomed, though as in any community we do encounter a few cold shoulders and hot heads on the extremes!

Reply To Post

2. by petcart
      (1 post)

14 years ago

Here I am new also but I'm playing sacaphon pretty long time and hope to help you in your first steps if you need. So don't hesitate to contact me PM if any questions! ;) ________________ provillus reviews

Reply To Post

3. by AnointedSax555
    (4 posts)

14 years ago

I'm new to this forum and new to playing the alto sax, but I enjoy it too.

Reply To Post

1. by luiyo456
      (18 posts)

14 years ago

Welcome guys, I've been around for a while.

Reply To Post

1. by kakucis
        (1 post)

14 years ago

I just joined the forum myself this morning and am also back at actively playing sax because 1983 I grew up playin alto but played tenor and clari inside a 4 piece wedding band to assistance a wife and 3 children for numerous many years I don't think about myself a expert I can sight study like crazy but have no formal ed. in music. I regret that at 65 and retired I nevertheless teach 30 hrs a week at a nearby community college ,have properties, play at rest houses and it goes on so practice doesn't happen a lot. My chops aren't there yet and my method is within the proverbial toilet but I adore actively playing and individuals adore the sax. I hope you appreciate your comeback. www.acne-product.org

Reply To Post