Saxophone Forum

by Menezes
(3 posts)
14 years ago

Tenor SELMER SERIES III or CANNONBALL??

Hello I'm currently playing the tenor,a buffet evette. I want something better as i'm improving and planning to play the sax for many years. After a lot of search I don't know if I should go for a Selmer series III that I can have on ebay for 3000$ or for a new cannonball (I've heard they are excelent instruments). I would like to know your opinions. Thank you

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Menezes
    (3 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Tenor SELMER SERIES III or CANNONBALL??

I also can get a Mark VII on ebay for 2000$. Don't know what to do!

Reply To Post

2. by Menezes
    (3 posts)

14 years ago

I also can get a Mark VII on ebay for 2000$. Don't know what to do!

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

14 years ago

I would go for the Mark Vll. Two thousand, if it's in good shape, is a good price. The series lll would be my second choice. Any selmer will probably have a better resale value if later you decide to trade up. If I were in your position I'd buy a new Yamaha YTS 62ll. I have had experience with this horn, if I had to replace my Mark Vl I'd buy the Yamaha. The Cannonball is a good horn. I'm not ready to own one yet..............Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by luiyo456
        (18 posts)

14 years ago

I agree for selmer mark VII if it is in good condition, but I owned a selmer mark VII alto and a cannonball tenor, Ilove both, but to tell you something about cannonball, not all of them are the same, I tryed out the stone series, I did not liked, the big bell global series I owned, and i have tryed others with not difference at all, cannonball global big bell rocks, other cannonball not as convincing, mark VII if it was built in France, not NY go for it, Semer series III too expensive for what you get...Yamaha 62II I owned an alto, hard to let go, its wonderfull, three difernt good choices, just a matter of budget.... If I have the budget I get the one hardest to get in the future...the vintage playable, in good conditions has no replacement it comes once in a life time...

Reply To Post