Saxophone Forum

by teller59
(1 post)
14 years ago

need used professional alto sax (nice but inexpensive)

My daughter is looking for a professional alto sax. She is going to college in August and her teacher recommended a Selmer II or a Yahama. She is short on funds and needs to finance a resonable priced saxophone. Preferably under $1500

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by luiyo456
    (18 posts)

14 years ago

Re: need used professional alto sax (nice but inexpensive)

Selmer II it is not professional, ussually professional selmers are way expensive, try out Yamaha 62, Cannonball global big bell series are a good choice as well, you should have no problem to find a nice horn if your patient for this king a budget, i often see good ones over ebay, just may sure the seller resides in the USA, plus has a good selling stats, also try to get in contact to a reputable repairman in your area, sometimes they have choices available....Sam ash are other option, sometimes they have used good ones but get someone with good experience to try out the instrument and do not let them over sell you, fight the price...

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

11 years ago

The Selmer Series ll is a pro horn and is expensive. I agree about the YAS 62. You should be able to get a really nice used one in your price range or less.

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by Dakoyta
    (1 post)

11 years ago

I have a used Cecilia that is in good condition if youre interested let me know.

Reply To Post