Saxophone Forum

by sueson
(1 post)
13 years ago

What's a Conn Saxophone worth?

I have a C. G. Conn, Ltd. Made in USA, saxophone. 10M Pat. App. For, B, 319623, L. Naked Lady. From what I could find online, was this made in 1946-1947? Any idea of what it is worth? I have had this since the early 80’s and my grandson played it in band in 1995. It seemed to work fine then. It has been stored in it’s case since 1995. It is a gold color, but it looks like there is tarnish or rust on some of it. There are no dents, but there are a few little tiny dings in the horn. Any information you could give me or lead me in the right direction would be appreciated! Also, how can I tell if the case is the original case?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by ANLSaxin
    (5 posts)

13 years ago

Re: What's a Conn Saxophone worth?

Check out saxgourmet.com . They give you the retail price that the sax would sell at a music store. Also, take in consideration an overhaul the sax may need($800-$1000) Let me know what your asking price when you're ready to sell. Good luck.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

13 years ago

an overhaul costing $800-1000? youre getting ripped off.

Reply To Post

1. by ANLSaxin
        (5 posts)

13 years ago

Please inform me of someone doing a complete overhaul for less then $800.00. The price I'm quoting are the top notch guys in the NJ-NYC area

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
          (653 posts)

13 years ago

Im in the Greater Chicago area, and Paul Maslin is pretty much the guy to go to. Not sure of the price of an overhaul, but im pretty sure its not that much.

Reply To Post