Saxophone Forum

by jdpate
(3 posts)
13 years ago

The worst sentence a saxophonist can type:

I used to own a Selmer Mark VI. Tenor, serial # 99XXX. Played it for a long time, at school in SE Texas, then at U. North Texas, and professionally in Dallas. I no longer have the horn. I haven't played for 10 years, and I'm looking to get back into a tenor for less than $1500. Which model will disappoint me the least, considering my former horn?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

13 years ago

Re: The worst sentence a saxophonist can type:

Hi jdpate. I went to graduate school at UNT and played professionally in Dallas. This may be before your time. I was a grad assistant for Leon Breeden. The Yamaha YTS62 would be the best buy for around the money you want to spend. They are great horns and you can get them on ebay for your amount....Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by jdpate
      (3 posts)

13 years ago

Re: The worst sentence a saxophonist can type:

Thanks! That's what I had been thinking, after much research. That or the Jupiter horns, namely the 889. I would definitely feel better about a Yamaha, though. I've played them in the past, and they always seemed solid and responsive. I was at UNT in 96-97, but didn't stay long enough... made it into the 4:00, though. That was challenging and a lot of fun.

Reply To Post