Saxophone Forum

by sax_maniac
(984 posts)
20 years ago

Mint Conn 10M (1962)

Any interest in a mint condition 1962 10M (double socket/underslung octave key)? This is a true closet horn - original case, warranty card, perfect lacquer, etc... I'll be looking to either sell it or trade for a modern professional soprano. I may decide to keep this and part with my 1952 SBA, but it will take more than a pro sop to pull that one out of my hands. Email me for pix.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jeanmarie2508
    (2 posts)

2 years ago

Re: Mint Conn 10M (1962)

Hi there, I would like to know if this neck is still available
    plesze let me know.
    your assistance is greatly appreciated.

regards, 

Jean Marie 

Reply To Post

2. by jeanmarie2508
    (2 posts)

2 years ago

Hi again. Could you also email me a picture of the neck if you don't mind.

thank you

Jean Marie 

Reply To Post

3. by sonnyrollins57
    (17 posts)

19 years ago

I was wondering about your selmer balance action,if its a tenor,alto,or soprano.I was wondering if you would like to trade your selmer balance action for my YTS-62IIs silver tenor.My tenor is about 7 months old.It comes with the G1 custom neck and is engraved all over the bell.

Reply To Post

1. by sax_maniac
      (984 posts)

19 years ago

Both the SBA (tenor) and 10M are sold. Sorry. I might have traded the SBA for THREE mint YTS 62II's, though :)

Reply To Post

4. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

It's not a 10M if it has the double socket underslung neck, it's a 6M. The 10M is a tenor.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by sax_maniac
      (984 posts)

19 years ago

Sorry - did someone say the 10M was an alto?

Reply To Post

2. by peter090
      (155 posts)

19 years ago

Actually I think some of the later tenors did have an underslung neck double socket neck. I know that there was something pecular about the neck in the last ones built.

Reply To Post

1. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

19 years ago

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I'll be damn! I have NEVER seen a 10M with an underslung octave key before, and I've seen plenty 10M's! When you said it was an underslung, I figured it had to be an alto 6M, that you were thinking was a 10M. My apologies. Nice looking horn!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by sax_maniac
          (984 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks. Conn did this for a few years in the early 60's. My first tenor was a '61 which had a "normal" overslung, double socket neck. I think the underslung mechanism makes good sense. If only their 12M octave mechanism wasn't such a nightmare to regulate (pip on the neck).

Reply To Post

3. by JaZzer
          (25 posts)

19 years ago

Trust me, I know what you mean. I have a 1962 10m. Exactly the same, except the bottom of the sax is flat, and it has some dents and "experience". I bought the horn for about $350 from someone who called it an alto sax. However, I have never been able to place the serial number, all the conn records stop short of te serial that I believe starts with an E. If you could somehow shed some light with your former horn's number, maybe I can place a date rather than early 60's.

Reply To Post

4. by sax_maniac
          (984 posts)

19 years ago

"E" Conns are around 1965.

Reply To Post