Saxophone Forum

by LSaxmaster
(2 posts)
11 years ago

Introduction

Greeting everyone! I am new here. I live in Florida, and play soprano, alto, tenor saxophones, clarinet and flute. I played a little oboe, and baritone saxophone a long time ago.

My main attraction is Jazz/ Latin Jazz, but I love to play Blues, Rock and Classical music as well. I am a full-time musician, blessed to be in my passion after all these years. I look forward to participating in discussions with you, and glad to be part of this Saxophone Family!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Introduction

Hi Leslie-

What part of Florida are you from? Back in 1992 I remember a quaint little club in Jacksonville called, "Richard's". I sat in on several jam sessions there while living in Florida that summer. I was a young player then and had the good fortune of sitting in with Jim Snidero at that club. Played a few times in Tampa and Miami that summer too. Good Times!

How's the Florida scene these days?

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by LSaxmaster
      (2 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Introduction

Hi Mark,
      It sounds like you had some great opportunities while you were down here! You were in the 'hot' spots. I am located on the SW side of Florida, Sarasota/ Punta Gorda.
      I live here all year round, so I do gig locally, anywhere from country clubs, restaurants, assited- living facilities, to praise and worship.
      Right now, during the off-season business is slow, so gives me time to prepare, create and organize, while enjoying the great Florida sunshine.
      Sitting in with Jim Snidero must have been some experience! 

Reply To Post