Saxophone Forum

by daisyblue
(3 posts)
11 years ago

Looking for information--I'm so confused

I found this site looking for information on a saxaphone that was given to us several years ago, but our kids never took it up so I wanted to sell it. My problem is I know absolutely nothing about them or know a sax player to come over and tell me anything about it. My music ability only goes as far as loving to listen to it.

I've looked and read until my head hurts and I still don't know anything other than the name on the case and the saxaphone. I hate that it's just sitting around not being used but I'm unable to answer anyones questions about it no matter how much I've read. (I'm blonde, cut me a little slack...but if you need an ad/logo design, transcripton services, or a carburetor rebuilt I can help you with that)

I've looked it up and prices are strangly extreme ranges, I don't know how to tell alto from tenor. I figure it is probably one of those student ones but it seems to be in good shape and it's still in its case.

I just want to be fair in an asking price so I'm asking for any help you can give me.

Thanks for your time! 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Looking for information--I'm so confused

It looks to me to be an older student model, a Selmer Bundy..........I'd say price would be from $300. to $400.              

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by daisyblue
      (3 posts)

11 years ago

Is there any difference between a Bundy and a Bundy II? And is there a way for me to know if it's an alto or tenor?

Reply To Post

1. by Saxquest
        (420 posts)

11 years ago

Hi Daisy-

You have an alto sax. The tenor is larger and pitched in Bb. Your horn is pitched in Eb. There are definitely differences between the Selmer Bundy I and Bundy II. However, these differences have very little impact on end price. Bundy I and Bundy II altos essentially sell for the same price and offer essentially the same advantages/disadvnatages to the user. They are both well built American made student model saxophones. We sell either one in our shop for $495-$695 after student pad job. We buy them in good condition but needing a pad job for about $100-$200. Hope this info helps.

Cheers,
             Mark Overton
             www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by daisyblue
          (3 posts)

11 years ago

Thank you very much!

Reply To Post