Saxophone Forum

by turtlejimmy
(14 posts)
11 years ago

Greetings from Oregon!

Hello everyone.  I'm new here ... I'm taking private lessons twice a week for the summer, when my practice shed (an actual shed behind the house) is TOO HOT to use.  I'm playing a beautifully restored 1920's CONN tenor sax and listening heavily to jazz, mostly from the 1940's through the 1960's.

Looks like a great site!  Looking forward to meeting other players.

TJ    

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by ShadowedNinja11
    (2 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Greetings from Oregon!

Haha, how ironic! I was in Oregon (Hood River, to be exact) a few weeks ago for three months with my saxophone learning how to play, since I needed to learn it for my school's jazz band this year. I'm new to the site, too, and I listened to a ton of Jazz from the "Greats". Nice to meet someone from the state on this forum!

Reply To Post

1. by turtlejimmy
      (14 posts)

11 years ago

Hello!  Oregon has produced its share of famous jazz musicians ..... Esperanza Spalding, the bassist and singer from Portland won a Grammy recently.  On trumpet, check out Chris Botti.  I'm from Southern Oregon.  How's the air been in Hood River .... we've been smokey smokey and smokey here this summer, from fires in the forests.  Looking forward to cleaner air, which certainly helps with playing a wind instrument.

Turtle   

Reply To Post

2. by magnificant
    (2 posts)

11 years ago

How is life with you,am new player as well but I don't have uppotunity to attend lesson due to it very expensive here in african,but I have my sax brand new one.if there is any cheapest that u know pls let me now.thank u are bless

Mt

Reply To Post