Saxophone Forum

by red fred
(1 post)
19 years ago

HARMONIC VIBRATIONS, MIDDLE D WITH OCTAVE KEY

vibration from pad or key above right hand index finger This is driving me crazy ! Two reputable repair shops can't seem to get it. Thought it was loose resonators but no. When I play a D with upper and lower stacks closed and octave key really load I get a lot of vibration just above my right index finger. This is an 1955 Mk 6 in very good condition. It seems if I really clamp the lower stack shut with my hand it will stop or if somebody puts a little pressure on the key it will stop. The bisq key and g# key have been adjusted properly. Help !!!!!!! Fred

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxMan
    (559 posts)

19 years ago

Re: HARMONIC VIBRATIONS, MIDDLE D WITH OCTAVE KEY

it could be those adjustable bumpers - the screws could be loose on it - when you really put the hurt on it, the threads push up against the top of the female set of threads and it stops. When the key touches the sax initially, the thing would start to vibrate with the sax. As long as it isnt making any noise, i wouldnt do anything about it - it cant be vibrating too much - my new wonder is in desperate need of swedging, and it vibrates, but even it doest vibrate that much.

Reply To Post

2. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

19 years ago

Re: HARMONIC VIBRATIONS, MIDDLE D WITH OCTAVE KEY

Check that your pinky key rollers are tight enough not to rattle. Sometimes those things can make quite the rattle if they aren't tight enough on the pin.

Reply To Post