Saxophone Forum

by senior
(23 posts)
19 years ago

Stuffy D2 on Jupitor Tenor

My Jupitor plays well from top to bottom except for the D2. With both stacks closed and depressing the octave key, it sounds like a different horn. Very stuffy. Low and high D play well. I can get a good D2 by playing the left palm D key only. It is very awkward trying to play that way. Anyone know what the problem is, or have a cure?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by peter090
    (155 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Stuffy D2 on Jupitor Tenor

I think you will find both stacks down and the the left hand palm d to be a better alternate than the palm d alone all though it is just as clumsy. You may want to check that your register key is opening (and closing) properly. Any problems with the venting would be most noticible on the d.

Reply To Post

1. by senior
      (23 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Stuffy D2 on Jupitor Tenor

Thanks for the reply. Your way does work better. Still clumsy but I did find it easier than how I was doing it. Also put risers on the left hand palm keys. I believe with a little practise I can make this work. I replaced my mouthpiece with a Berg Larson 110/3. It has a modified baffle, from a 3 up to a 2. It brightened up the upper register and that helped also. Thanks again.

Reply To Post