Saxophone Forum

by karebear1012
(395 posts)
19 years ago

Bari Sax question

i was recently given a school baritone sax because i'm going to be playing it in wind ensemble next year. so anyway...it's a really beat up saxophone and those metal key cover things that go over the holes for the low notes such as Eb and C are broken off. I have them in my case (they're slightly bent though), and i was wondering about how much it would cost to have one of them replaced. Thanks! Kara

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Bariboy
    (18 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Bari Sax question

are the key guards attached with a screw or are they soldered on? if they are screwed on, then they should be really easy to go back on. if they are soldered on, it should cost more then $25, but the school should pay for it if it is a school horn.

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
      (767 posts)

19 years ago

Yes, the music dept should pay for the repairs. I can't think of a more raw deal than being expected to play a beat up baritone and being coerced into footing the bill to make it usable.

Reply To Post

1. by karebear1012
        (395 posts)

19 years ago

i think they just broke off.... from been bumped one too many times ... it's sucha crappy horn

Reply To Post

1. by definition
          (963 posts)

19 years ago

Well what kind of bari is it? I also concur, you should have the work done, and the bill should be forwarded to your director. He should know the condition the horn was it when he gave it to you, so he has no right to make you pay for it unless YOU did the damage

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by DaveUK1965
          (14 posts)

18 years ago

"it's such a crappy horn"..... :-) Just because a sax is beaten up and doesn't shine doesn't mean to say "it's a crappy horn". Most modern saxes can't hold a candle to the tone which can be produced by an old sax......

Reply To Post