Saxophone Forum

by historicsaxwhisperer
(644 posts)
6 years ago

Martin Pivot screws

I was looking at a Martin Committee II tenor over the weekend.

It was missing the lower pivot screw for the High E key.

Anybody know if an older Martin Handcraft Alto without a front F would use the same screw?

I got a parts horn, but the tenor in question is not in town for a quick check.

My option will be to take the screw to the horn and see if it fits, but I'm hoping to gain some knowledge here.

I know Ferres discontinued making these awhile back,

and I think they were a general part. I guess I could ask the Ferrees crew. Also

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by yonysatur
    (10 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Martin Pivot screws

Just ask mendel sax at Mendelhorns@yahoo. If he don,t have it he will make it. This gentleman is the finest sax repairer in NYC of latest years. He is a genious

Reply To Post

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
      (644 posts)

5 years ago

This was 12 months ago.

I did not buy the horn.

Any good repair guy can make parts.

Reply To Post

2. by danielscott
    (1 post)

1 year ago

It's always frustrating to find missing parts when you're checking out a new instrument.

Reply To Post

1. by abitruchriste
      (1 post)

1 year ago

In regards to your question, I'm not sure if an older Martin Handcraft Alto would use the same screw as the Martin Committee II tenor you were looking at. However, if you're looking for replacement screws, you might want to check out some hardware stores or online retailers that specialize in musical instrument parts. You could also consider looking into masonry screws or screw bolts as alternative options. In any case, I hope you're able to find the right pivot screw for your Martin Committee II tenor and get it back into playing shape soon.

Reply To Post